The Department of Endocrinology is an emerging newly started department to provide a specialized care in the area of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and metabolism.
The Department offers a multi-disciplinary team based patient-centric approach backed by state-of-the-art diagnostic laboratory for advanced hormonal evaluation and dynamic testing for various endocrine and metabolic disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus: Comprehensive diabetes care
- Young-onset diabetes: T1DM, pancreatic DM, secondary diabetes and syndromic diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Obesity and its complications
- Thyroid disorders-. Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiter, thyroid nodules etc.
- Disorders of growth and puberty ( short stature, precocious puberty, delayed puberty etc)
- Reproductive and sexual disorders
- Menstrual disorders, hirsutism and virilsation, hypogonadism
- Metabolic bone diseases: osteoporosis, rickets, osteomalacia, Sclerotic bone diseases, calcium disorders, recurrent fractures, fragility fractures, recurrent nephrolithiasis, nephrocalcinosis etc.
- Renal tubular acidosis and other dyselectrolytemia
- Pituitary disorder
- Adrenal disorders (adrenal insufficiency, Cushing’s, exogenous steroid induced Cushing’s, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, adrenal / suprarenal masses etc.)
- Hypoglycemia evaluation and Management ( hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia, insulinoma, reactive hypoglycemia etc)
- Neuroendocrine tumours
- Comprehensive diabetes care and complication screen
- Ambulatory glucose monitoring system
- Ankle brachial index testing with vascular Doppler
- Various endocrine hormones dynamic testing for evaluation of hormonal abnormalities
Dr. Sahana Shetty
Professor & HOD
Dr. Anudeep Gaddam
Dr. Avivar Awasthi